Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year


Had a very quiet New Year's Eve and New Years day. Just puttered around yesterday knitting and reading and watching old movies ("It Happened One Night").
I put about 25 more books on Paperback Swap (that was just the first shelf of the bookshelf I'm trying to empty).
Finished "American Wife" which I though was a disturbing attempt to try to explain how any one with brains could be married to George Bush.

Joined three groups on Ravelry that should keep me busy.

1) 52 books in 52 weeks (reading a book a week is sometimes easy, sometimes not). My first book of 2009 is "The Miracle at Speedy Motors"

2) NaKniMitMo (knitting a pair of mittens in January. I started "Bella's Mittens" out of 2 balls of gray Lopi I had in my stash.

3) Hat of the Month knitting or crocheting a hat every month which should get me through more of my stash yarn.


We're having Nathan and Jordyn sleep over tonight. Probably more playing in the snow (it's much warmer today, in the thirtys, and tomorrow for breakfast we can try out the new waffle iron.

No comments: