Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Colors of Summer

The garden is looking its best right now. Summer flowers in full bloom, variegated greens, bright yellows and subtle whites and blues. There is color in every part of the yard. Beautiful bright sunny hot days. We have been steaming in the 80's and 90's and haven't had any rain in my back yard for a week. That means a bit of watering will have to happen this weekend.
The sunflowers have started to open and are scattered all over the back yard and will open in stages so I should have bright color until the fall.

A garden surprise this year are five lilies that I swear I don't remember planting. I know it wasn't last year, so it must have been two years ago. Probably small plants that took a couple of seasons to establish themselves and flower. There are three in this deep red and two in bright yellow.
The garden is always giving us new delights to feed our souls.


No comments: