Monday, December 27, 2010

A Little After-Christmas Glow

The kids will be here all week so we will be busy and tired! We had a wonderful Christmas, with lots of eating and playing with new toys, and gadgets, wearing of new clothes and general togetherness. I say it constantly, how did I do all of this when I was working full time? I get crazy now when I have all this free time and it takes all my energy to get everything finished.
This year we actually had to make time for the kids to come over and do the Christmasy things, like making gingerbread men and women and making the Christmas graham cracker village. We usually do them on the weekend before Christmas, but we went to the BPO Christmas concert instead, so had to make up the time during the week.
I assembled the houses ahead of time, since it is fiddly and the kids can't wait to start the decorations before the houses are completely dry.
Let the decorating begin!
Quite the mess!
But the finished project and the quality time - priceless!

No comments: