Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Go Bills! Hurrah 2018!

Another year beginning!  Another yearly post? 

My goal for this brand new year is "Productivity".  I have a really ambitious goal of clearing up a lot of the projects that are just lurking in my craft room and all around my chair in the den, mocking me.

I am usually a process knitter, going with the flow and enjoying the process of knitting whatever without any pressure.  But I have started so many projects and thoughtlessly purchased so much yarn, I need to clear some of it out as it has started to haunt me.

I finished my Christmas socks on the last day of the year.

which makes nine pair of socks for the year. Seven pair were from the dozen skeins of Felici that I wanted to get through last year.  So that leaves five more pair to finish off that bag of sock yarn.

These are the projects I'd like to get through this January.

  1. a pair of socks for Chiara's birthday
  2. Mitts for Amy
  3. Mitts for Jordyn
  4. Mitts for Pat
  5. Mitts for Stephanie
  6. Hat and Mitts for me
  7. Finish Stephanie's sweater
Daunting? I guess but the mitts are quick knits that I think I can get done.

I'll check in at the beginning of February to update and sketch out the projects for that month.

It has been snowy since before Christmas which gave us a really white Christmas and it has continued to be snowy and bitterly cold.

Friday is promising to be the coldest day this season.  Yesterday we had blizzard conditions which resulted in a huge pileup on the Thruway.

And the Bills are in the playoffs for the first time since 1999.  

No comments: