Monday, July 13, 2009

Weather Complaints and Sock Journal

Okay, I'm really not one to complain about the weather. "Every day you're alive is a wonderful day", that's my philosophy. When it's hot, I say "Well, it's not snowing, is it"....when it's snowing I say "Well, it's not like having hurricanes or tornadoes blowing your house down, the snow will melt eventually with no harm done".

But I am just despairing that we will have any summer this year. The temperatures have gotten in the 80's only a handful of times. It has remained in the 60's and 70's with lots and lots of rain. No, not really horrible weather if it were spring. And my garden really has never looked so lush and full. The vegetable garden is brimming over with produce. I know it could be really awful weather and I shouldn't complain about it but I really look forward to enjoying my pool and swimming with the kids in June,July and August, and we have only gone in 2 times so far this summer. And I wore a coat (not a sweater) to church yesterday and even now am huddled in a jacket to keep the chill off (it's 57 degrees and it is July) and it is not going to get much warmer all week.
Okay all done whining about something I can't change.

Sock Journal
I'm really bummed about not going to the Sock Summit
in August, so I'm having my own Sock Journey. I have books by a lot of the teachers that are going to be there, so I'm starting my sock knitting journey with their help in print form,
I am making another of the Cat Bordhi plain vanilla, two rib socks that are in her Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles
that I made my first socks with. This is a review of the basic parts of a sock and I am reading through the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Rules and Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks to reinforce my learning experience.

No comments: