Sunday, September 13, 2009

It's a Process

Yes, this is lace that has been ripped back. Yes, this is hours of my life I will never get back with nothing to show for it. Yes, this is the third time I have ripped back. The THIRD time. Due to my own fault. This is not a difficult pattern. Knit, yarn over, knit 2 together, yarn over, ssk, knit some more. Easy. Yet I have reknit this three times and made dumb ass mistakes over and over. Deep breath.
I took Friday and Saturday and knit through the third repeat. I keep looking it over for the same stupidity, but it looks pretty good, so far. Only two more repeats until I get to the edging, where it gets more challenging.
I have knit for over 50 years. I think I am fairly good at it. I have knit all kinds of things, look for new challenges, enjoy the process, have custom knit many items for customers and have persevered with a smile on my face. But I was really ready to cry when I knew I had to rip for the third time.
I'm over it now.




Here are some pictures of giant bubbles. Homemade bubble soap, and kitchen gadgets for some great fun.




No comments: